What is Stress?
Today’s fast paced and hectic lifestyle takes a toll not only on our physical but also our mental and emotional health.
We experience stress when there is an imbalance between the demands being made on us and our resources to cope with those demands.
The level and extent of stress a person may feel can affect us in many ways, including:
- Emotionally – anxiety, depression, tension, anger
- The way we think – poor concentration, forgetfulness, indecisiveness, apathy, hopelessness
- Behaviourally – increased drinking and smoking, insomnia, accident proneness, weight problems, obsessive-compulsive behaviour, nervousness, gambling.
Untreated stress can turn into a mental illness such as an anxiety disorder or depression. Depressive illness is common – about 17 % of Australians will suffer from depression at some time in their life.
Research and Studies
- Studies in Columbia University of people with seasonal effective disorder (SAD) and chronic depression have shown that negative ion generators relieve depression as much as antidepressants.
- Other researchers found installation of negative ion air cleaners in work areas and homes with computers and other electronic equipment have reduced instances of reported sickness and headaches by 78%.
- And In Europe, hospitals discovered that negative ions have a beneficial impact on patient’s health and healing rates.
How can Salt Therapy help?
Salt Therapy is a natural way to help deal and manage stress, depression, anxiety and many other conditions.
In addition to significantly decrease airborne viruses and bacteria; clear the air of dust, pollen and other potential allergens, Sodium chloride (SALT) has the property of being able to convert positive ions into negative ions.
Here are some of the benefits Negative Ions hold:
- Relaxation, calmness and better sleep – by promoting abundant oxygen levels in the blood, negative ions help normalize brain function, resulting in relaxation, calmness and better sleep.
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress– negative ions can calm and relax the nerves by promoting abundant oxygen levels in the blood, normalizing breathing rate, decreasing blood pressure and relieving tension and stress.
- Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.