What is Chronic Cough?
Chronic cough is a cough that persists. Variously defined as one that lingers for more than three to eight weeks, sometimes lasting for months or even years. Chronic cough is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying condition. Chronic coughing is common, so frequent that it rates as one of the most common reasons for seeing a doctor.
The Frequent need to clear the throat, Hoarseness, Wheezing and shortness of breath are responsible for significant problems such as frustration and anxiety, Coughing interrupts sleep, producing fatigue and impairing concentration and work performance.
What causes Chronic Cough?
Some common causes of chronic cough include:
- Cigarette smoking is the most common cause of chronic cough.
- Allergic rhinitis,
- Sinus problems and postnasal drip
- Infections such as bronchitis or pneumonia
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Whooping cough.
How can Salt Therapy help?
Salt therapy helps relieve the symptoms of Chronic Cough in a natural and non- invasive way. Sitting in the Salt Rooms exposes you to tiny salt particles that cleanse and detoxify the respiratory system. The particles enter the upper airways and lower areas of the respiratory system by breathing normally in the Salt Rooms.
1. Salt has a natural ability to absorb, and holds a natural anti-bacterial, anti – inflammatory and anti-histamine properties. These help to:
- Break up mucus, relieve congestion and inflammation in the whole respiratory system.
- Kill germs and bacteria that cause inflammation and production of mucus
- Improve lung function, Loosen mucus allowing for better ventilation, decrease or eliminate shortness of breath, wheezing and congestion.
- Strengthening the immune system and reducing the use of medications.
2. Our Salt rooms contain an abundance of Negative Ions. The healing properties of Negative Ions have been researched and documented since the early 1900’s here are some of the benefits they hold:
- Killing viruses, bacteria and allergens– Negative ion are proven to clear the air of dust, pollen, pet dander, mould spores and other potential allergens and significantly decrease airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.