What is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is inflammation of the linings (mucous membranes) of the bronchi- the airways which carry airflow into your lungs.
As the mucous membrane swells and grows thicker, it narrows the tiny airways in the lungs, resulting in coughing spells that may be accompanied by phlegm and breathlessness.
Bronchitis is generally caused by lung infections due to a virus but may also be caused by bacteria, dust, chemical pollutants or, long-term cigarette smoking.
The most common viruses that cause bronchitis are influenza A and B and the most common bacteria that cause the condition are Mycoplasma Pneumonia.
The disease comes in two forms:
- Acute Bronchitis (lasting from one to three weeks) and
- Chronic Bronchitis (lasting at least 3 months of the year for two years in a row), People suffering from chronic bronchitis are more susceptible to bacterial infections of the airway and lungs, e.g. pneumonia.
The symptoms of acute bronchitis & chronic bronchitis may include:
- Dry and spasmodic coughs, with Clear, yellow, white, or green phlegm
- Sore throat
- Tiredness and body aches
- Blocked nose and sinus congestion
- Difficulty breathing and tightness in chest
- Fever and chills, with severe attacks.
How can Salt Therapy help?
Salt therapy helps relieve the symptoms of Bronchitis in a natural non- invasive way.
Sitting in the Salt Rooms exposes you to tiny salt particles that cleanse and detoxify the respiratory system.
The particles enter the upper airways and lower areas of the respiratory system by breathing normally in the Salt Rooms.
1. Salt has a natural ability to absorb, and holds a natural anti-bacterial, anti – inflammatory and anti-histamine properties. These help to:
- Kill germs and bacteria that cause inflammation and production of mucus
- Break up mucus, relieve congestion and inflammation in the whole respiratory system.
- Improve lung function, Loosen mucus allowing for better ventilation, decrease or eliminate shortness of breath, wheezing and congestion.
- Strengthening the immune system and reducing the use of medications.
2. Our Salt rooms contain an abundance of Negative Ions. The healing properties of Negative Ions have been researched and documented since the early 1900’s here are some of the benefits they hold:
- Killing viruses, bacteria and allergens– Negative ion are proven to clear the air of dust, pollen, pet dander, mould spores and other potential allergens and significantly decrease airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.