What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition characterized by red pimples on the skin, especially on the face, due to inflamed or infected sebaceous glands and prevalent primarily among adolescents.
Acne accrues as a result of uncontrollable levels of secreted skin oils. During this process of excess oil production, dust, dirt and dead skin cells become lodged in the skin’s pores, and are then covered by skin oils.
The skin becomes greasy, the pores become blocked, and blackheads, pimples and cysts form. Acne lesions are most common on the face, but they can also occur on the neck, chest, back, shoulders, and upper arms.
What Causes Acne?
The main two causes for acne are:
- Common acne in teenagers starts with an increase in hormone production. During puberty, the body produce high levels of androgens, hormones that include testosterone. Testosterone signals the body to make more sebum, the oil produced in the skin’s oil glands.
- Excess oil produced in the skin’s oil glands clogs the openings to hair follicles — especially those on the face, neck, chest, and back. Bacteria grow in these clogged follicles. This makes blackheads or whiteheads, form on the skin’s surface.
- Comedones (whiteheads and blackheads) When comedones are open at the skin surface, they’re called blackheads because of the dark appearance of the plugs in the hair follicles. When comedones are closed, they’re called whiteheads — slightly raised, skin-colored bumps.
- Papules are small raised bumps that signal inflammation or infection in the hair follicles. Papules may be red and tender.
- Pustules (pimples) are red, tender bumps with white pus at their tips.
- Nodules are large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin. They’re formed by the buildup of secretions deep within hair follicles.
- Cysts are painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin. These boil-like infections can cause scars.
How can Salt Therapy help?
Salt therapy is a natural Acne treatment that helps relieve the symptoms of Acne in a non-invasive way.
Sitting in the Salt Rooms exposes you to tiny salt particles that cleanse and detoxify the respiratory system and skin.
The particles enter the upper airways and lower areas of the respiratory system by breathing normally in the Salt Rooms.
1. Salt has a natural ability to absorb, and holds a natural anti-bacterial, anti – inflammatory and anti-histamine properties. These help to:
- Release the toxins and mucus from the lungs and thus reducing the need for it to be released through the skin.
- Kill germs and bacteria that cause inflammation
- increases blood flow, and improves circulation -by that encourage toxins to be expelled before they aggravate the skin
- Strengthening the immune system and reducing the use of medications and stress levels.
2. Our Salt rooms contains an abundance of Negative Ions. The healing properties of Negative Ions have been researched and documented since the early 1900’s here are some of the benefits they hold:
- Killing viruses, bacteria and allergens– Negative ion are proven to clear the air of dust, pollen, pet dander, mould spores and other potential allergens and significantly decrease airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress– negative ions can calm and relax the nerves by promoting abundant oxygen levels in the blood, normalizing breathing rate, decreasing blood pressure and relieving tension and stress, resulting in relaxation, calmness and better sleep.
- Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.