Neutralise your Workspace and your Home
Did you know that Himalayan salt lamps release soothing negative ions into the air, counterbalancing electromagnetic radiation. They’re a perfect addition to office spaces and your home, which typically have a high concentration of computers, printers, lights etc. Enjoy the numerous health benefits of Salt Lamps at work and home.
Himalayan Salt Lamps have been scientifically shown to increase negative ion presence by up to 300%, therefore correcting the imbalance of excessive positive ions.
Negative ions are created naturally by wind, sunlight, surf, waterfalls, and rainstorms. Generally, a negative ion is an electronically charged molecule made up of oxygen. A positive ion in the air is a molecule that has lost its electrons through the process of air pollution.
What are Himalayan salt lamps?
Himalayan salt lamps are hand-chiselled solid blocks of ancient crystal salts. Due to the high concentration of minerals, they’re usually pink or orange in colour, and emit a pinkish glow. They’re known for being very beautiful, and come in all shapes and sizes!
So that it can generate heat and light, the middle of a salt lamp is hollowed out and a light bulb inserted. According to research, salt lamps produce more health benefits with a heat-producing light.
How do they work?
Himalayan salt lamps are hygroscopic, meaning they attract water molecules from the surrounding air. Water vapour is present in any room and carries with it allergens and pollutants, such as pollen, pet dander, smoke particles, bacteria and viruses.
By attracting these harmful compounds, salt lamps help to cleanse the air in an enclosed space, such as an office. Once attracted, they remain on the salt, preventing you (and your colleagues) from breathing them in. These contaminants won’t become airborne again.
Amazingly, this hygroscopic effect works in the long-term. Over time, salt lamps become saturated with water vapour from the air around them and the heat from the lamp dries them out. This heat also releases cleansed water vapour back into the air. For as long as the light is on, the hygroscopic cycle will continue. The more consistently your lamp is left on, the more purified the air will be in the room!
Salt lamps in the workplace
All electronic equipment—such as computers, scanners, printers and smart phones—emit electromagnetic radiation. In an office environment, there’s typically a high concentration of electronics. This means that most employees have constant heavy exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
Studies have shown that this constant exposure increases your cortisol levels, resulting in fatigue, higher stress, reduced concentration and lower immunity. Himalayan salt lamps counterbalance the harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation by releasing a small radius of beneficial negative ions into the air.
The best place for your salt lamp is on your desk, meaning you can breathe in the purified air directly. Not only will it help to counteract electromagnetic radiation from your computer or laptop, but it will cleanse the air, reducing your risk of colds, flu, chest infections etc. This is especially important in an office environment, where there is little fresh air and a tendency for viruses to spread quickly.
Salt lamps also provide a soothing pink glow that’s proven to have a relaxing effect. Unlike a lot of artificial lighting, salt lamps don’t emit a bluish glow. Blue lights have been shown to reduce melatonin and disrupt sleep patterns, while a salt lamp’s soft pink light is warm and soothing to look at and sits at the opposite end of the blue spectrum of light.
Where to place your Rock Salt Lamp and the benefits?
- Allergy Sufferers – A salt lamp in the bedroom will help improve air quality and reduce airborne bacteria and irritants that can trigger Asthma and allergies.
- Child’s Bedroom – a perfect night light that will help them sleep and make them feel ‘safe and sound’. Salt lamps are completely safe.
- Lounge Room – place next to the TV or other electrical devices to clear the air and reduce EMF (electro magnetic field) present in every home. Our Rock Salt Lamps also offer a pleasing, ambient glow that gives a feeling of peace and calm whilst contributing to your wellbeing.
- In your Office – A Salt lamp can help improve your concentration, reduce stress and energise you. It neutralises the effects of artificial light and poor air circulation. Place a salt lamp on your desk near your computer to reduce EMF pollution and minimise the effects of the monitor radiation.
- A few Rock Salt Lamps around smelly or smoky areas will clear the air of lingering smells much faster.
- Meditation – When you relax in peace and quiet, a Salt Crystal lamp near you is known to enhance your meditative experience, The soothing glow of a salt lamp can aid the conditions of insomnia, anxiety and neurosis.
- Massage Rooms and Spas – A Salt Lamp or two in treatment rooms will greatly enhance your clients experience, keep the air fresh and create a calm, wellness environment.
Here at Bali Better Breathing ‘n’ skin we have Salt lamps for purchase for your health benefit.