What Happens When You Quit Smoking?
People who have quit smoking or in the process of quitting can experience Withdrawal symptoms as their body is recovering from smoking.
Some people only have a few mild symptoms but others have more severe symptoms that are harder to deal with.
Common Recovery Symptoms
Common recovery symptoms include:
- Restlessness and/or difficulty concentrating or sleeping
- Irritability, anger, anxiety, crying, sadness or depression
- Increase in appetite and weight gain
Less common recovery symptoms include:
- Cold symptoms such as coughing, sore throat, sneezing
- Constipation, diarrhea, stomach aches or nausea
- Dizziness or feeling lightheaded
As a result of smoking a person will have a build up of tar and congestion in their lungs. In order to rid the respiratory system of the build up damage it usually takes 5-7 years.
However, with active cleansing treatment this process can be shortened.
How can Salt Therapy help?
Salt therapy helps Ex smokers in a natural and non- invasive way.
Sitting in the Salt Rooms exposes you to tiny salt particles that cleanse and detoxify the respiratory system.
The particles enter the upper airways and lower areas of the respiratory system by breathing normally in the Salt Rooms.
1. Salt has a natural ability to absorb, and holds a natural anti-bacterial, anti – inflammatory and anti-histamine properties. These help to:
- Cleansing respiratory system from build up of smoking damage
- Kill germs and bacteria that cause inflammation and production of mucus
- To improve lung function by loosening mucus and cleansing the respiratory system
- Strengthening the immune system and reducing the use of medications.
2. Our Salt rooms contain an abundance of Negative Ions. The healing properties of Negative Ions have been researched and documented since the early 1900’s here are some of the benefits they hold:
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress– negative ions can calm and relax the nerves by promoting abundant oxygen levels in the blood,normalizing breathing rate, decreasing blood pressure and relieving tension, resulting in relaxation, calmness and better sleep.
- Increasing metabolism and Promoting better digestion – by stimulating the exchange of electronic substances in cell walls, negative ions help increase metabolism, ease tension in the stomach and intestines, promoting the production of digestive enzymes and enhancing digestion.
- Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.