What is Bronchiestasis?
Bronchiectasis is a condition in which damage to the airways causes them to widen and become scarred.
The scarring in the bronchial tubes causes the airways to slowly lose their ability to clear out mucus.
The mucus builds up, and bacteria begin to grow. This leads to repeated, serious lung infections.
Each infection causes more damage to the airways. Over time, the airways can’t properly move air in and out of the lungs. As a result, the body’s vital organs might not get enough oxygen.
The most common signs and symptoms of bronchiectasis are:
- A daily cough that may last for months or years
- Daily production (coughing up) of large amounts of mucous or phlegm
- Shortness of breath and wheezing
- tightness in chest /Chest pain
How can Salt Therapy help?
The salt rooms cannot reverse the scarring in the lungs but can help relieve the symptoms and help manage Bronchiectasis in a natural and non- invasive way.
Sitting in the Salt Rooms exposes you to tiny salt particles that cleanse and detoxify the respiratory system.
The particles enter the upper airways and lower areas of the respiratory system by breathing normally in the Salt Rooms.
1. Salt has a natural ability to absorb, and holds a natural anti-bacterial, anti – inflammatory and anti-histamine properties. These help to:
- Kill germs and bacteria that cause inflammation and production of mucus
- Break up mucus, relieve congestion and inflammation in the whole respiratory system.
- Improve lung function, Loosen mucus allowing for better ventilation, decrease or eliminate shortness of breath, wheezing and congestion.
- Strengthening the immune system and reducing the use of medications.
- Improve daily quality of life and to prevent the disease from getting worse. (Bronchiectasis is irreversible).
2. Our Salt rooms contain an abundance of Negative Ions. The healing properties of Negative Ions have been researched and documented since the early 1900’s here are some of the benefits they hold:
- Killing viruses, bacteria and allergens– Negative ion are proven to clear the air of dust, pollen, pet dander, mould spores and other potential allergens and significantly decrease airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Recovery from physical exhaustion or fatigue – by increasing oxygen levels in the blood and facilitating more efficient oxygen utilization and by normalising serotonin production in the brain, negative ions help accelerate recovery from chronic fatigue and speed up physical recovery.
- Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.