What is Blocked Nose and Nasal Congestion?
Blocked nose or nasal congestion are usually caused by inflammation of the blood vessels lining the nose. And is often a symptom of another health problem, such as allergies, Rhinitis, Hay Fever, a sinus infection or more commonly, from a cold or flu.
Frequent sufferers can experience disrupted sleep, frustration, irritation, fatigue, dehydration, breathing difficulties and a weaker immune system.
Common treatments such as: Cold and Flu tablets, Antibiotics, Antihistamines, Decongestants, Nasal sprays and Pain killers can impose many side effects on the body affecting daily body functioning.
For example; Drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, sweating/flushes, rashes, digestive problems, bloating, constipation, mood changes, impaired thinking and fatigue.
Blocked Nose and Nasal Congestion Symptoms
- Blocked , stuffy or runny nose
- Sinus pain
- Swelling and inflammation of the nasal passages (nose/mouth/throat/chest)
- Increase in mucus production.
How can Salt Therapy help?
Salt therapy helps relieve the symptoms of a blocked nose or nasal congestion in a natural and non- invasive way.
Sitting in the Salt Rooms exposes you to tiny salt particles that cleanse and detoxify the respiratory system.
The particles enter the upper airways and lower areas of the respiratory system by breathing normally in the Salt Rooms.
1. Salt has a natural ability to absorb, and holds a natural anti-bacterial, anti – inflammatory and anti-histamine properties. These help to:
- Break up mucus, relieve congestion and inflammation in the whole respiratory system.
- Kill germs and bacteria that cause inflammation and production of mucus
- Improve lung function, Loosen mucus allowing for better ventilation, decrease or eliminate shortness of breath, wheezing and congestion.
- Strengthening the immune system and reducing the use of medications.
2. Our Salt rooms contain an abundance of Negative Ions. The healing properties of Negative Ions have been researched and documented since the early 1900’s here are some of the benefits they hold:
- Killing viruses, bacteria and allergens– Negative ion are proven to clear the air of dust, pollen, pet dander, mould spores and other potential allergens and significantly decrease airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.